Monday, August 26, 2013

Just a Quick Dose of Reality from Yours Truly

 the most pivotal summer of my life. 


When people say the first year of marriage is the hardest, they are right.
Don't get me wrong I'm not talking in  a 'oh I hate my husband' kind of way.

For the 1rst 20 + or - years of your life you live with your family (& on your own at times)...
then you transition into living with, sleeping with, eating meals with, making every decision with & spending every day with someone overnight.
& no matter how long you date that someone,
you will never know them,
as well as you will come to know them,
when you live with them.

Your first year of marriage is full of compromise.

You will find qualities in your significant other that you love and you had no idea existed.
But you will also find qualities emerge that are a bit challenging to deal with.
Keep in mind I'm the one with the more challenging characteristics... Michael is an angel.
Seriously though, no sarcasm there.
He's the best I don't know how he puts up with me.
But that's the great thing about marriage you give & you take.
Nobody's perfect.
That being said, if you go make the commitment to be married
& you think it's going to be a piece of cake,
with no surprises and you won't have to work hard to make it last forever...
you are going to be in for a rude awakening.

As some wise family members once told me, "The flurries you get from being in love can ebb and flow. The true pulse of a marriage comes from the choice you make everyday to be committed to making it work."

At this pivotal time in my life, while I am trying to figure out this new chapter, this quote resonates with me day in and day out.

a forever commitment 


There is no one else I'd rather spend forever with, no matter how hard or how great each day is together. He's my best friend & my husband and I couldn't ask for more.


This summer has come to a close, and as school begins for me and mikey, the second half of our first year of marriage begins...


I'll let you know what my advice is on balancing
marriage, work & school
once we conquer the rest of this year!

Love you guys! :)))





No comments:

Post a Comment